Jack Saturday

Monday, May 13, 2013

Anti Wage-Slavery, Pro-Freedom Quotations Of The Week 981-983



I can’t imagine anything that will change all of our lives as much as the coming Robot Age. We are the last generation that will remember life before robots. In about five years, shit is gonna get real.
...
The robot revolution will make the industrial revolution look like practice swings.
Scott Adams
Cartoonist of Dilbert

[emphasis JS]




Renters pay me because I own stuff that other people don’t. I’m in that position, because I just happened to have a brother who needed an investor just when I happened to have money to invest. I was in that position because I just happened to get a job in Qatar. The Emir of Qatar just happened to be able to give me that job because arbitrary decisions made long ago by the British Empire just happened to have worked out so that he owns stuff that other people don’t.

Lucky break upon lucky break upon lucky break determines who owns resources and who does not. Those who do not own will pay those who do, year after year, from now until the end of time or until we decide to change the rules. We don’t need to eliminate property to change the rules in an important way. How about a little rebate from those who own stuff to those who do not? It would compensate them for all that they have to pay just because others control the resources we all need to use.
I have my own Basic Income - one man's very interesting story

Karl Widerquis
t
[emphasis JS] 



  “I found out at this age that I am artistic and creative and innovative and smart. I just woke up to the fact that I have a mind of my own."
JUDITA GROSZ, 69, of Pembroke Pines, Fla., after recovering from a debilitating depression.
How Therapy Can Help in the Golden Years

By ABBY ELLIN
New York Times
4/23/2013





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home