Jack Saturday

Monday, June 18, 2018

Anti Wage-Slavery Pro-Freedom Quotations Of The Week 1783-1785

I am 35 years old—the oldest millennial, the first millennial—and for a decade now, I’ve been waiting for adulthood to kick in. My rent consumes nearly half my income, I haven’t had a steady job since Pluto was a planet and my savings are dwindling faster than the ice caps the baby boomers melted.
Why millennials are facing the scariest financial future of any generation since the Great Depression.
By Michael Hobbes



Juha Jarvinen, one of the triallists who is 39 and married with six children and a dog, told the BBC:

    "I felt like a free man. I got out from jail and slavery...I felt I am back in society and I have my humanity back, so I was super happy."

Finland is giving each citizen a universal basic income and it's changing lives
Louis Doré
Indy100 




 The conclusions are damning. “The United States already leads the developed world in income and wealth inequality, and it is now moving full steam ahead to make itself even more unequal,” the report concludes. “High child and youth poverty rates perpetuate the intergenerational transmission of poverty very effectively, and ensure that the American dream is rapidly becoming the American illusion.”

The UN explicitly lays blame with the Trump administration for policies that actively increase poverty and inequality in the country. “The $1.5 trillion in tax cuts in December 2017 overwhelmingly benefited the wealthy and worsened inequality. The consequences of neglecting poverty and promoting inequality are clear,” it concludes. “The policies pursued over the past year seem deliberately designed to remove basic protections from the poorest, punish those who are not in employment and make even basic health care into a privilege to be earned rather than a right of citizenship.”

The United Nations Just Published a Scathing Indictment of US Poverty
Jeremy Slevin,
TalkPoverty.org


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home