Jack Saturday

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Anti-Wage-Slavery, Pro-Freedom Quotations Of The Week 494-498

The bourgeoisie could not have produced any other kind of elites, because by its very nature, bourgeois ascendance and success goes to those individuals who most value material wealth. Those of extreme wealth necessarily dominate. And extreme wealth cannot be accumulated by individuals, except by extracting it from the multitude of other individuals -- a little or a lot from each member of the working masses.
From Wall Street to Skank Street
Poking the frog at G
unther's Garage
By Joe Bageant

AA
Money is human happiness "in abstracto." Consequently he who is no longer capable of happiness "in concreto" sets his whole heart on money.
Arthur Schopenhauer

a
And you, too, for whom life is furious work and unrest-- are you not very weary of life? Are you not very ripe for the preaching of death? All of you to whom furious work is dear, and whatever is fast, new, and strange-- you find it hard to bear yourselves; your industry is escape and the will to forget yourselves. If you believed more in life you would fling yourselves less to the moment. But you do not have contents enough in yourself for waiting--- and not even for idleness.
Friedrich Neitzsche
Thus Spake Zarathustra


aa

aa
I will go to my run-out social mind
And be as unsocial with it as I can.
The thought I have, and my first impulse is
To take to market—I will turn it under.
The thought from that thought,
I will turn it under
And so on to the limit of my nature.
Robert Frost
AAA


Some are "industrious" and appear to love labor for its own sake, or perhaps because it keeps them out of worse mischief; to such I have at present nothing to say. Those who would not know what to do with more leisure than they now enjoy, I might advise to work twice as hard as they do-- work til they pay for themselves, and get their free papers.
Henry Thoreau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home