Jack Saturday

Monday, August 06, 2012

Anti Wage-Slavery Pro-Freedom Quotations Of The Week 851-854

As the relationships between parents and children evolve, exemplification replaces threat as the primary motivational mechanism.
Robert W. Fuller, 
Somebodies And Nobodies





When a child hits a child, we call it aggression.





When a child hits an adult, we call it hostility.


When an adult hits an adult, we call it assault.

















When an adult hits a child, we call it discipline.
Haim Ginott





We should not be surprised that students subjected to command education behave like workers in a command economy; most do just enough to get by.
Robert W. Fuller, 
Somebodies And Nobodies



I contributed to the running of a military that was involved in an immoral and unjust war in Vietnam, knew that it was wrong but was frozen in place rationalizing that I would do my job and stay alive. The bars holding me in place weren't physical but psychological. I believed that I had no choice. The authoritative structure of the military, the government, precedent dictated that what I was doing was right, just, and noble. And yet something inside me KNEW it was wrong, immoral. As long as this culture, and I as an individual in it, believe that authority knows much better than me, you and I will walk that road following authority.
blm1242
comment on Chris Hedges's article "The Careerists"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home